What Safety Features Are Available on the 2020 Mazda6 Midsize Sedan?
Whether you decide on the base level Mazda6 Sport, the extravagant Signature model or anything in between, the 2020 Mazda6 offers an impressive array of standard and available i-ACTIVSENSE® safety features for our Memphis-area clients to take advantage of. Keep reading to see the vast range of protective systems that will be included in your new car investment when you choose Mazda.
Mazda6 Standard Safety Features
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Day and Night-time Pedestrian Detection
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Lane-keep Assist
- High Beam Control
Optional Safety Features
- Active Driving Display (Grand Touring Reserve, Signature)
- 360˚ View Monitor (Signature Only)
- Front and rear parking sensors (Signature Only)
- Traffic Sign Recognition System (Signature Only)
Read More: Mazda Named the Safest Car Brand for 2020
Mazda6 Sedan Earns TOP SAFETY PICK +
Like many models in the lineup, the Mazda6 has been recognized as a TOP SAFETY PICK + award winner by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for its remarkable performance in the field of safety. This is the highest honor the organization offers. Other MY 2020 Mazda vehicles to earn the IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK + designation include the Mazda3 Sedan, Mazda3 Hatchback, Mazda CX-3 and Mazda CX-5. The all-new Mazda CX-30 and the Mazda CX-9 both earned the TOP SAFETY PICK classification.
To be considered for the TOP SAFETY PICK + award, a vehicle must:
- Earn “advanced” or “superior” ratings for their front accident detection and avoidance systems.
- Earn “good” ratings in each of the Institute’s six crashworthiness evaluations: moderate overlap frontal test, driver-side small overlap frontal test, passenger-side small overlap frontal test, side crash test, roof strength test and head restraints & seats test.
- Earn “good” or “acceptable” ratings in headlight performance.