How does the Mazda CX-5 alarm work?
You have worked hard to take your Mazda CX-5 home from the Gwatney Mazda of Germantown showroom. You curbed your unnecessary spending to save up for the down payment and you probably did hours and hours research before settling on the Mazda two-row crossover SUV. It’s only natural you will want to protect your investment. It’s not terribly uncommon for customers to ask our product experts, ‘How does the Mazda CX-5 alarm work?’ This is such an important piece of information that we thought it would be beneficial for us to lay out a step-by-step process. If you need more help or would like to see the vehicle’s anti-theft system in action, stop by our showroom today.
- Unlocking a door with the door lock switch or an inside door-lock knob.
- Forcing the hood, liftgate or any of the doors open.
- Opening the hood from inside the vehicle.
- Turning on the vehicle without using the push-button ignition.
How do I arm the anti-theft alarm?
Nobody wants to be responsible for having their car alarm go off for no reason. The antitheft system used by the Mazda CX-5 will only be armed if the following conditions have been met.
- Windows and moonroof must be secured
- Turn off the vehicle with the push-button
- All doors, hood and liftgate closed securely
- Lock the doors from outside the vehicle with the auxiliary key
Pressing the door lock switch on the key fob with the doors open, then closing them immediately will also activate the antitheft system.
This is an important piece of equipment that is available on most trims of the Mazda CX-5 and you should be using it every time you leave the vehicle. Please let us help you get the most from your vehicle. If you need to upgrade to get the equipment you need, definitely stop by and see one of our product experts today.